Inception

Discuss your favourite TV shows, movies, comics, manga and other means of entertainment.

Moderator: Forum staff

cheerio495
Fuschia City
Fuschia City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Inception

Post by cheerio495 »

Just was wondering who has seen this movie and what you may have thought about it?, I saw in twice in the theater and think it was a really great movie, possibly movie of the year.
First to have: Ledian, Venomoth, and Persain

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Re: Inception

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I saw it in the cinema a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was really good. A couple of days before Inception I went to see Toy Story 3 in IMAX 3D. Though I preferred Toy Story 3 overall I wish I'd done things the other way around and saw Inception in IMAX 3D. I imagine that must look amazing! Unfortunately there were barely any 3D effects in Toy Story 3 and they failed to make any sort of impact at all :-?

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

cheerio495
Fuschia City
Fuschia City

Post by cheerio495 »

Pikachu3828 wrote:I saw it in the cinema a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was really good. A couple of days before Inception I went to see Toy Story 3 in IMAX 3D. Though I preferred Toy Story 3 overall I wish I'd done things the other way around and saw Inception in IMAX 3D. I imagine that must look amazing! Unfortunately there were barely any 3D effects in Toy Story 3 and they failed to make any sort of impact at all :-?
I've seen two or three movies in 3-D and like you wasn't really inpresed by it either and don't plan on seeing any more movies in 3D because of it. As for Toy Story 3 I really don't plan on seeing it, I didn't really think much of the second one and is less memorable than the first which is why I am not going to see it.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

cheerio495 wrote:I've seen two or three movies in 3-D and like you wasn't really inpresed by it either and don't plan on seeing any more movies in 3D because of it. As for Toy Story 3 I really don't plan on seeing it, I didn't really think much of the second one and is less memorable than the first which is why I am not going to see it.
I agree with you on the 3D part. The only other film I've seen in 3D is Avatar and that wasn't very impressive either, it was mostly limited to particle effects. I'll keep going to see 3D films though as the industry is moving into that direction yet again and I think there's potential there; when I went to see Toy Story they showed a 3D trailer for the new Shrek film and they actually put 3D to good use - things popping out in front of you and flying 'off' the screen etc. I'm not going to see the new Shrek film but if they used those sort of effects in another film I want to see then I'd pay the extra for 3D.

As for Toy Story I really recommend seeing Toy Story 3 if you like the series at all. It's an amazing finale and if you're the right age group like I am where I pretty much matched Andy's age through every Toy Story there's a special meaning there as you grew up with the characters. I didn't like Toy Story 2 very much either but Toy Story 3 is definitely the best one of the trilogy. The girls next to me in the cinema were crying at the end; Pixar definitely knows how to tug on the old heart strings.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

cheerio495
Fuschia City
Fuschia City

Post by cheerio495 »

I loved the firts Toy Story movie and only thought the second was ok.... really should give #3 a try, lol. There is a budget theater right by my house that has tickets for only $2 so I'll go see it when it gets there. :)
Now that I think of it there was one movie that did look like it would be good in 3D, that they were using it well. It was the animated Scrooge movie with Jim Carrey.

megan8788
Pallet Town

Post by megan8788 »

Inception is one of the hit movies of 2010. It is a great earner of 2010. I also watched this movie in the theater and i found it great.. Nolan has directed this movie very well. I really appreciate Nolan for his creativity..

aden
Viridian City

Post by aden »

I had watch the inception movie and i really it a lot.The story of this movie is superb.

lavanya
First Pokémon!

Post by lavanya »

Inception is a very good movie and i had watch it many times.The story of this movie is really wonderful.

alanmoore
Pallet Town

Post by alanmoore »

ending of this movie was too good! i watched it for approx: 7 times!! great movie ever!

eva97
First Pokémon!

Post by eva97 »

well, movie was really good and I will say such movies are always gem in movies industry .

agatha012
First Pokémon!

Post by agatha012 »

Leonardo rocks once again.. I amazed with leo's performance.. he is a best actor.

solarmovies
Viridian City

Post by solarmovies »

Really a great science fiction film. superb story. I'm a huge fan of Leonardo DiCaprio. really a great actor. I loved all his movies like The Man in the Iron Mask, Don's Plum, Catch Me If You Can, The Aviator, Shutter Island, Blood Diamond and many others I couldn't named.
:arrow: :-D