The Hunger Games- may contain spoilers

Discuss your favourite TV shows, movies, comics, manga and other means of entertainment.

Moderator: Forum staff

cheerio495
Fuschia City
Fuschia City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

The Hunger Games- may contain spoilers

Post by cheerio495 »

I just finished the first book in the series and thought it was really good. However it did seem a bit familiar to me and can't explain why. FYI I have only read the first book in the trilogy so please lets not talk about them so we don't spoil it for me... or at least put anything in the spoiler alert so I don't see anything, thanks.

How's your favorite/least character?, Favorite part?, Least Favorite?

I couldn't help but like Rue and Thresh. Rue was such a sweet character that I was really sad when she died. As for Thresh I wish we got to know him a little better (it seemed he could have been a very interesting character). Honestly I found Peeta kinda annoying... I really don't want Katniss and him to get together but it'll probably end up happening. As for a favorite part... idk, theres so much that was just so good. However I really didn't like all the lovey dovy stuff, it annoyed me some what.

What does everyone else think?
First to have: Ledian, Venomoth, and Persain

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Re: The Hunger Games- may contain spoilers

Post by Pikachu3828 »

cheerio495 wrote:I just finished the first book in the series and thought it was really good. However it did seem a bit familiar to me and can't explain why.
I haven't read the book but from what I understand of the premise it's incredibly similar to Battle Royale.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

cheerio495
Fuschia City
Fuschia City

Post by cheerio495 »

Pikachu3828 wrote:
cheerio495 wrote:I just finished the first book in the series and thought it was really good. However it did seem a bit familiar to me and can't explain why.
I haven't read the book but from what I understand of the premise it's incredibly similar to Battle Royale.
Battle Royale sounds familiar... google searched it and yes the premise is right on with the hunger games.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

i also heard there was elements of 'the running man' in the hunger games...
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

cheerio495
Fuschia City
Fuschia City

Post by cheerio495 »

WhoKnows_WhoCares wrote:i also heard there was elements of 'the running man' in the hunger games...
Had to google the movie but yes they have similar elements. The hunger games are recorded and are broadcast for people to watch...