Previously Revealed Information

Discuss the Generation V handheld games here.

Moderator: Forum staff

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Re: The Fifth Generation

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

Having seen the new footage which was shown on Pokemon Sunday this week (now available on the front page) - I have to say i'm loving the potential of the 3D in the city... obviously its tough to tell after about 10 seconds of footage, but still, potential for greatness there
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Post by SonicKitsune »

Nobody's posted about the silhouettes yet? Okay... um... well, they don't look too appealing so far, but they could just be in weird poses. That one in the bottom right might actually only have one arm. And I thought they already made the one at the top mostly. Then again, I'm just going by outlines, so I'll wait until the fake scans are released and then the real ones a day or two later for my final judgment.

Oh, and about the 3D city, I think they're just going in a straight line, it just curves by itself.
Wikispaces|deviantART|Blog
:Cyndaquil: :Heracross: :Marill: SoulSilver - Ridge♂(Star)/To be determined
:Piplup: :Buizel: :Pachirisu: Diamond - Ridge!*/0516-3813-5126

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

sillouetes are on the main page, i'll try and get them in this topic soon if ryan doesnt.

Yeah, i agree they do look weird. The one at the top looks a bit like turtwig with leaves on its head and a curly tail... but you cant really base anything on the sillouetes. Zoroark looked mega rubbish as a sillouete, and he doesnt look too bad

Also, i agree with you on the 3D city, but to be honest, a lot of 3D games work like that... you stay in the same spot moving in one direction and the surroundings move around you. so its not that cheep a tactice. I'd be interested to see if when you move down the street in the center if the camera stays fixed on that point and follows you down the road, or if it rotates so you're still walking left to right (or right to left)

Ryan659
Celadon City
Celadon City
Custom Title: Pokémon Snatcher
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 90313328676

Post by Ryan659 »

Late posting, but added the new silhouettes yesterday.

Edit @ 12/05/10: Added pictures of the presumed starters, and provided a small amount of information about the region.

SonicKitsune
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by SonicKitsune »

If these are the real ones, I'm still not totally impressed. If I had to choose one, though, I'd pick the pig because of its dopey smile. It's weird how in that battle screenshot, it looks like a rabbit. The otter is sort of cute, and I don't know what to say about the lizard thing. Now we wait to see how they compare with the rest of the Generation.

The girl's design is a bit odd, although several of the female character designs have been. She has 1950s hair and cut-off shorts that even cut off some of the pockets.
Wikispaces|deviantART|Blog
:Cyndaquil: :Heracross: :Marill: SoulSilver - Ridge♂(Star)/To be determined
:Piplup: :Buizel: :Pachirisu: Diamond - Ridge!*/0516-3813-5126

Ryan659
Celadon City
Celadon City
Custom Title: Pokémon Snatcher
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 90313328676

Post by Ryan659 »

Added quite a few new, clear images.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I like the idea of Zoroark's ability, Illusion. I'm curious as to how it works, but it sounds like it has added another dynamic, no matter how small, to catching Pokémon. Any new feature which adds something other than new Pokémon is very much welcomed by me.

I also wonder how important a city Hiun City is going to be and if most of the towns are going to be as impressive. With the amount of focus they've put on it in the info revealed so far it's probably something special but I hope other cities are along the same lines. It's the first time, in my opinion, it has shown a Pokémon region to be truly populated.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Aparently Zoroark's ability works by changing its apearance and its name to another pokemon. Its move set and its Type, howeve, remain the same (so its still dark type). which not only makes it interesting, but challenging to, as in competitive battles, you will genuanlly think you're fighting another pokemon, switch to be effective against it, only to find out your not... unless it turns into an umbreon, absol or darkrai - then your still in with a chance!

cheerio495
Fuschia City
Fuschia City

Post by cheerio495 »

The new 3D effect in the games looks pretty cool. lol the water starter is a sea otter.
First to have: Ledian, Venomoth, and Persain

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Moved this to the appropriate forum now we have a forum dedicated to Pokémon Black/White. It's also a candidate for locking since it's a very general topic which was made when a forum wasn't available for more specific discussion.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

ugh, why didnt i think about making a forum for black and white...