Your First Thoughts

All discussion regarding The Pika Club's Adoption Agency goes within this forum and its subforums.
Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Re: Your First Thoughts

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Sally_Ann wrote:So far I like what I'm seeing, not too over complicated like another pokemons site I used to play at, and not too boring like yet another pokemon site I used to collect at. (Not sure if you want me to name then or not *doesn't want to advertise the competition*)
No, naming the competition is quite all right. It's interesting to see where the AA stands among the competition and what sort of 'flavour' we have compared to others.
Sally_Ann wrote:I'd love a small Newbie Guide just to get you through your first few days on the site...
There are scattered sections of compiled information like the Pokédex Project by WhoKnows_WhoCares but Powerchu is looking to set up an Adoption Agency website guide which will be helpful to new players. If you think you can help I'm sure he'd appreciate your assistance.
Sally_Ann wrote:I'd also love a quick link to the berry planter and a quick link to my quest log on the adoption agency page since I check those quite a lot.
I'll keep this in mind for a future update.
Sally_Ann wrote:I'd also love to see those people that have interacted with my pokemons so I can return the favour :)
I've considered this feature for a little while now. I'm sure you're not the only person that would find it useful, so it shall probably be integrated in the next update.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Sally_Ann
Cerulean City
Cerulean City

Post by Sally_Ann »

The 2 websites I've dabbled in before were VirtualDex Project, which wow, is so over complicated, after you've sat and refreshed for 2 days solid looking for your 1 hour window a WEEK that your mystery island appears just to grab an eevee, it's pretty exhausting and boring. I just found it a lot of spamming F5 all day just to spam past the pokemon you wanted. All the maps, all the dungeons, all the pokes in all the different gens then again in all the different retros, it would be impossible in 15 years to collect a "perfect" dex even if you stayed online 24/7. There was simply too much to do there with no end in sight and it's very, very complicated even with 100's of guides.

The other is Virtuadopt, which is a very simple, collect eggs, get 100 unique views on them and they hatch, theres too little to do there except click 10,000 pokemons a day for money, breed, then trade, then complete your dex, then collect a random army of pokes.

Although if more users come from Yarolds I suspect they will also play Virtuadopt or Dragcave or Unicreatures or other "collection and get clicks to raise" type games so they will be used to that formula.

I love the way this place has enough exploring to do without forcing you to spend 24/7 online (which people in school/college/work can't do) It's a wonderfully paced game that you can still get nice things, pokedolls, or money, or steal new random eggs, or fish, or mine, or read the forums, or find the golden user, without feeling exhausted or disappointed that your time was uselessly spent and you came away with nothing.

Sites need to give a sense of achievement, however small, and this site seems to do that perfectly, whether you spend an hour, or 5 hours on here. Once you've got the pace and activity of a game right, little things like graphic tweaks and guides are secondary.

Heres an example of the sense of achievement based on my experiences so far, get new egg, woot! click click, can't give pokenerd what he needs meh!, click click - oh free pokedolls! woot! click click, farfetched goes male, meh!, click click, "you steal an egg" bad karma meh, but new egg! and so unexpected, double woot! click click, timbur egg goes male, meh! click click Gets given eevee egg woot! click click, wheres the rest of the Sigilyph meh!, click click, gets given mining kit woot!

So this site gives me a feel good factor and makes me want to come back becasue theres always something good about to balance out the meh.

Although I will agree with another user and say in the first 10 minutes I didn't see it at all, I couldn't even find my welcome PM, so maybe something so those potential users with less than 10 seconds attention span actually stay to see the good stuff.

Anyways, I''ll shut up now since it's 2 AM and I have to be up for work in 5 hours lol

OFFLINE MOVING HOUSE - BACK 4-6 WEEKS

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Thanks very much for that write up, it helps give me an idea of what is/isn't working.

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

kitsunaii
Viridian Forest

Post by kitsunaii »

So far, it seems to be a pretty interesting game. I like the quests, though as a new user with very little money I wish there was a way to make more, since I've apparently hit the limit for how many eggs/Pokemon I can click for more per day. I can't seem to find those last three Sigilyphs for the Temple, but I assume they will show up in time. All in all, I think it's something I can come back to day after day :3

Please click that Kakuna :'3
Breeding Shop here!

Mayli
Pallet Town

Post by Mayli »

I'm new as well, i think, the side's quite empty at this moment, since there are not that many posts?

I haven't got all of what i can do on here for now.
Somehow it's still a little complicated. So far i like PokéFar, a little more, there you have this guideline with a check list what you should do to get into the side. I miss such a thing on here. Something like a little guide line for what i could do to get started easier? Maybe you have something like this, but i can't see it?

And i'm a little helpless how i get new pokemon? I've seen like one or two opportunities? ^^
And i don't know, how i could get other ppl to interact with my PKMN, is there a possibility to see who intereacted with your PKMN?

But i'll try my best to get started here =)

Greetings Mayli =)

YunaAsakura19
Viridian City

Post by YunaAsakura19 »

Well I kinda love AA cus there is more than just clicking pokes. I'm having fun at the quests - like the one with Timburrs for the Tropius Range.
The Breeding system is realy nice even so an hour can be realy long... lol

But The only thing I miss is right here in the Forum... "search members".
The searchsystem is only looking for topics not for members/users.
Also it's a little hard to get clicks for certain quests like the pichu for/from pokemon union.
Image Image

Galoyan
Viridian Forest

Post by Galoyan »

When I first came here it was through one of your videojug videos and I laughed and thought "Man im gonna forget i even have an account here tomorrow" But then I started playing and getting real into it due to all the small little achievements id get and having a good way of figuring things out and working toward something. This is pretty much the first egg adoption site ive ever played on and its really nice haha.

Im glad its the way it is :3

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

I knew doing those vids was a good idea...

Which reminds me, I really need to get working on the next batch
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

shiroyama
First Pokémon!

Post by shiroyama »

i just came here by a friend. somahow she find this page XD~
it`s simple to do here your things...
quest and achivment are funny - some are little bit...they confuse me XD
what i don`t like: the click limit for getting money and exp. or the high hatch rate for a legend. having no pokewalker!
but quit i szill play it XD

other sites i`m also playing:

virtuadopt.
really simple, clicking clicking clicking. whitout that nothing goes. legend are there promos and a little bit tricky to get all. whats a problem. daycare needs a lot of money, and its no garantie that you get a egg.

pokefarm.
it`s clicking to get money, eggs found in shelder or lab and you can caught as many you can hatch in a day. and they have a counter... more interacs means a speciel if the counter is full. but leveling is a little bit loooong x.x hate it when i have no pokewalker to level my pokes.

pngado.
a german site. just adopting eggs, clicking evolving. no money need, no daycare, shinys are random found (1st= 600+ poke count) and you can click your eggs and adopts all 20 minutes.
just for fun XD

gpxplus.
i love this site XD
leveling got easy, you have a lot of achivments to do, so it`s never boring. daycare, pokewalker, shop, battle tower, vs.seeker, shiny recorder, scaventer hunts, shiny site wite hunts, shiny races against a user you choose, underground, lab for eggs, shelder for eggs abondet from users daycare, and a safari zone....
and a lot of thinks more ^^ legends can be summoning, or you do explorations to get one (depends on which one you do)
most fun are the explorations each month we get 3 legend explos and can choose two how we make (leveling, battle, get pokis, hatch a egg...)
and the admins do a lot of things for us. novelitys, easter egg hunting, halloween exploration...
my favorit site XD

sry for my bad english y.y"
hope that helps XD~

FireSpirit
Viridian Forest

Post by FireSpirit »

Its actually pretty interesting! I enjoy it! However it could use a bit more stuff to interact with though to make it more interesting, but a part with that it great! :D

November
Viridian Forest

Post by November »

This is my most favorite adoption site (it's kept my interest the longest, too). I love all of the quests, the locations, and the other little features such as achievements, the pokedolls and whatnot. Keeps me coming back. In general, it's much more interesting than the standard (and boring) "all you do is click" sites.

Currently need: Nothing c;
Currently need to see: Nothing

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

November wrote:This is my most favorite adoption site (it's kept my interest the longest, too). I love all of the quests, the locations, and the other little features such as achievements, the pokedolls and whatnot. Keeps me coming back. In general, it's much more interesting than the standard (and boring) "all you do is click" sites.
Thank you :) I always like reading about people who enjoy what I make. I agree, I don't think sites which are purely about clicking a lot of Pokémon are fun. I try to make it more interesting by giving varied things to do.

DarkPurpleFang
Viridian City
Pokémon HG/SS Friend Code: 197825682016
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 403984113692

Post by DarkPurpleFang »

It's definitely a new type of adventure to what I'm used to. Leveling up is based solely on having people interact with your Pokemon - and yourself (once a day?). It's pretty nice, but feels a bit hard at first.

Perhaps adding a "newest member" and "online users" list on the bottom of the board indexes would help. Kind of like how they do it on Vdexproject.net.
I would certainly be willing to go around helping newbies - especially since I'm one myself.

*Edit: Nevermind~

Also, is there an interaction thing where you can see who's interacted with your Pokemon for the day? If not I think that'd be a cool idea so you can go back and repay them by helping their Pokemon. If there is one, where would it be located? (I'm actively exploring the site on my own, too~)

My overall impression is indeed that it's fun and inviting. ^^ The community seems nice~ And the set up is very easy to navigate.
I think I have an obsession with Pokemon forum games...O_O

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

DarkPurpleFang wrote:It's definitely a new type of adventure to what I'm used to. Leveling up is based solely on having people interact with your Pokemon - and yourself (once a day?). It's pretty nice, but feels a bit hard at first.
No, there are many other ways to level up your Pokémon (such as placing them in your ranch) but interacting is what it all grew out of. Originally it was just meant as a simple adoptables, click and share site but its turned more of an RPG in its own right as its grown.
DarkPurpleFang wrote:Perhaps adding a "newest member" and "online users" list on the bottom of the board indexes would help. Kind of like how they do it on Vdexproject.net.
This is displayed on both the forum index and the Adoption Agency index.[/quote]
DarkPurpleFang wrote:Also, is there an interaction thing where you can see who's interacted with your Pokemon for the day? If not I think that'd be a cool idea so you can go back and repay them by helping their Pokemon. If there is one, where would it be located? (I'm actively exploring the site on my own, too~)
No, this is something that is being added in the next update.
DarkPurpleFang wrote:My overall impression is indeed that it's fun and inviting. ^^ The community seems nice~ And the set up is very easy to navigate.
I'm glad you like it :)

DarkPurpleFang
Viridian City
Pokémon HG/SS Friend Code: 197825682016
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 403984113692

Post by DarkPurpleFang »

Haha, hence why I struck out the part in my edit. xD Usually when I do that on new sites I find it about 3 minutes later. >u>''

This site doesn't seem as active as some of my other ones that I'm a part of. D: Either that or I'm just not in the right area. xD Either way, it's a great site so far. ^^
I think I have an obsession with Pokemon forum games...O_O