Chat Room! The place to chat!

All discussion regarding The Pika Club's Adoption Agency goes within this forum and its subforums.
Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Re: Chat Room! The place to chat!

Post by Pikachu3828 »

cheerio495 wrote: I really have no plans on re-downloading the app due to very limited free time to do much of anything.
What do you do for a living nowadays?
Powerchu wrote:I also like the idea of the Alolan forms, but at the same time I kind of don't like how it seems they are keeping it for Gen 1 only mons. I understand it's the 20th anniversary in Japan for Pokémon which is why it seems the Alolan forms are looking like it's going to be Gen 1 only mons.
Huh, I never noticed that before until you just pointed it out. I wonder if that just happens to be the ones they've publicly released so far. Maybe that's how they're gonna start updating the older Pokémon to still be viable in competitive play? I'm not exactly up on the meta but my understanding is power creep is a pretty big problem in Pokémon. What with the World Championships being streamed on Twitch and stuff these things are getting more popular so maybe that's a factor too? Who knows.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

[quote="Pikachu3828]Huh, I never noticed that before until you just pointed it out. I wonder if that just happens to be the ones they've publicly released so far. Maybe that's how they're gonna start updating the older Pokémon to still be viable in competitive play? I'm not exactly up on the meta but my understanding is power creep is a pretty big problem in Pokémon. What with the World Championships being streamed on Twitch and stuff these things are getting more popular so maybe that's a factor too? Who knows.[/quote]

To be honest, that's not that much of a problem. If they just need to rebalance them for competitive, they'd just adjust the base stats. That's been done to pokemon before, so its not that unheard of. I also don't think there's that much of a power creep in pokemon VGC, but I don't really pay too much attention to the competitive seen beyond the worlds.

The Gen 1 thing is specifically because of the 20th anniversary. There's about to be a TCG set out in November which is completely all Gen 1 pokemon, some cards even have Base Set 1 artwork, but the HP and Attack Powers have been boosted to match in with todays meta, plus there'll be EX and Mega EX versions of some pokemon as well. But it's still Gen 1 only stuff.
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

Got both games. Absolutely loving them. Popplio is better than I thought it would be. the QR code scanning feature is pretty cool. Got Chikorita on Moon last night with it and just got Litwick on my Sun. Other than that I haven't gone through much of the games at all, just far enough to unlock the QR scanner.

I hope everyone has been well in their endeavors. ^_^

Friend Code: 2466-7146-9497 (Ledyba, Illumise, Heracross)

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I've got Sun and have been taking the chance to play some whenever I can, currently at the end of the 3rd island. Really fun game so far, not as revolutionary as I'd read some reviews state but definitely a change of pace from the well worn standard Pokémon fare.

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

A day late but Happy New Year everyone!

I hope everyone had a good Holiday this past month. I got some cool Star Wars related stuff and a new smart phone (one i was using was a few years old and starting to constantly freeze up).

Anything exciting happen since Sun/Moon release for anyone? My only exciting thing was finding a Shiny Bagon while S.O.S. hunting for a Salamence for my dex. Currently working on getting my Shiny Charm (just missing Tapu Lele/Bulu/Fini and Silvally)

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I'm missing a few Moon exclusives since I got Sun but other than that I've filled my Alolan Dex. It's a week late now but Happy New Year :mrgreen:

Schmider
Pallet Town
Pokémon B/W Friend Code: 2443

Post by Schmider »

Pikacheu3828 wrote:I'm missing Moon exclusives since I got Sun but other than that I've filled my Alolan Dex. It's a week late now but Happy New Year :mrgreen:
Are sun and moon pretty much the same but with diff pokemon?
Last edited by Schmider on Tue 31 Oct, 2017 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Schmider wrote:
Pikachu3828 wrote:I'm missing a few Moon exclusives since I got Sun but other than that I've filled my Alolan Dex. It's a week late now but Happy New Year :mrgreen:
Are sun and moon pretty much the same but with diff pokemon?
Yes, there are some other minor differences such as the games being set 12 hours apart (so when it's day in Sun it's night in Moon and vice versa) but otherwise it's mostly version exclusive Pokémon that separate the two.

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

With Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon on the horizon and no information on them aside from it being an alternate story to Sun and Moon, I'm kind of interested know if they plan to favor Johto Pokémon this time in terms of new forms.

Gold and Silver virtual console releases and September will be fun for me. Planning to soft reset for Shiny Ho-oh, assuming that the transfer rules for Gold and Silver are the same as Red/Blue/Green/Yellow for abilities, that will be an easy HA Ho-oh. Regenerator is a great ability when it comes to competitive Pokémon.

When it comes to Pokemon info I take anything I see with a grain of salt unless I see it on the official pokemon website or on serebii

cheerio495
Fuschia City
Fuschia City

Post by cheerio495 »

Well I can't seem to quote people with my iPad.

@pikachu3828 do you mean as a full time job? (Work at an ink company, mobile vaccine clinics for cats and dogs, and going to school for Veterinary Technology)

@everyone I almost finished moon. School & working full time has really hindered me playing the game. I kinda like the game, I really want alola dugtrio (that hair is awesome).

@powerchu I kinda wish they would have released more alt-forms of other generations right away. The ones they released so far seem pretty cool.

ADOPTION AGENCY question: where is magby and elekid obtained? Thanks
First to have: Ledian, Venomoth, and Persain

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Powerchu wrote:With Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon on the horizon and no information on them aside from it being an alternate story to Sun and Moon, I'm kind of interested know if they plan to favor Johto Pokémon this time in terms of new forms.
Wait they're adding new Alolan forms for Johto Pokémon??! That's awesome :-D Don't know how they'll weave those new forms into the lore if we're retreading the same old grounds. Here's hoping for some more new islands, at the end of it all tbh Sun/Moon felt quite small compared to previous gens. A handful of towns, small villages and settlements :-| I like my hustling and bustling cities :mrgreen:
cheerio495 wrote:@everyone I almost finished moon. School & working full time has really hindered me playing the game. I kinda like the game, I really want alola dugtrio (that hair is awesome).
Congrats, today myself I actually managed to acquire every stamp in the trainer passport, so along with a full Pokédex I consider Sun 100% complete :mrgreen:

And no idea on the AA question sorry, it's been years :laugh:

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

Pikachu3828 wrote:
Powerchu wrote:With Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon on the horizon and no information on them aside from it being an alternate story to Sun and Moon, I'm kind of interested know if they plan to favor Johto Pokémon this time in terms of new forms.
Wait they're adding new Alolan forms for Johto Pokémon??! That's awesome :-D Don't know how they'll weave those new forms into the lore if we're retreading the same old grounds. Here's hoping for some more new islands, at the end of it all tbh Sun/Moon felt quite small compared to previous gens. A handful of towns, small villages and settlements :-| I like my hustling and bustling cities :mrgreen:
Not 100% sure if they are but it does seem likely that they will to go with the Gold/Silver Virtual Console release.

Interesting thing to point out in the more recent trailers is the Ultra Wormhole sitting above Poni Island. Wonder if we are going to get an expanded verson of the Ultraspace that we saw in Sun/Moon.

on an off-topic note, Pikachu3828 found me on Twitch somehow and we've been chatting on there for a couple weeks now. pretty nice to find old friends at different places and catching up.
cheerio495 wrote:ADOPTION AGENCY question: where is magby and elekid obtained? Thanks
In reference to my Pokédex thread...

239: Elekid - Mining (Oreburgh City Mines)
240: Magby - Mining (Gringey City Quarry)

Now the question to if Electabuzz and Magmar are able to evolve with their items on the AA, I couldn't tell you.

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

So now that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are out...What is your oppinion of them?

I've only done the main story myself and went up through catching the Ultra Moon exclusive ultra beast. The difficulty compared to Sun/Moon felt like it got a justified increase (if you are slightly underleveled or even on par with Totems). To me, it did not feel like there was as much handholding as there was on Sun/Moon but it was still there. Lots of cutscenes still but there are a couple funny moments. I currently have no oppinion on post game offerings as I have not done anything post game yet.

Also if you have not recieved it, Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter have been updated to be compatible with Ultra Sun/Moon and Gold/Silver.

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

first post on the site of 2018. lol anyways how has everyone been? Pikachu3828 and I have been keeping in touch on twitch. lols

Got Platinum, White, Black 2, and White 2 for christmas and have been Platinum recently. Got Shiny Stakataka (UB Assembly) on the 2nd at 11:35pm EST. lol

cheerio495
Fuschia City
Fuschia City

Post by cheerio495 »

Powerchu wrote:first post on the site of 2018. lol anyways how has everyone been? Pikachu3828 and I have been keeping in touch on twitch. lols

Got Platinum, White, Black 2, and White 2 for christmas and have been Platinum recently. Got Shiny Stakataka (UB Assembly) on the 2nd at 11:35pm EST. lol
I’ve been good. You? I’m usually on the adoption agency when I come here. I haven’t been playing much of any Pokémon lately. I am in need of a new gameboy and I can’t really justify the price for one game.
First to have: Ledian, Venomoth, and Persain