Chat Room! The place to chat!

All discussion regarding The Pika Club's Adoption Agency goes within this forum and its subforums.
WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Re: Chat Room! The place to chat!

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

we used to have a Promo run by Buena who gave out either a pokemon, trainer imgae or trainer card background every week (starting on a Monday). I know when we changed the list from version 1 to version 2, the pokemon that were exclusive to version 1 Buena got moved to other areas. I THINK the version 2 lot did when we lost the feature altogether, but I'm not 100% sure and we might have been relaying on the shop system to fill in the blanks (which back then was obviously more utilised.)
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

pyrakitt
Viridian City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Post by pyrakitt »

Yeah, if they weren't moved then it's going to be rather difficult to get hold of quite a few Pokemon, 23 to be exact (not counting evolutions). One of which is Sableye which is needed for a quest. I looked through the User Guide Pokedex again and haven't encountered a single one of the Pokemon indicated as coming from Buena. So I've got no clue what part of the site they've been moved to, if they were moved at all.

And considering how many of the few people left on the site come to check the forums combined with how long it took for a simple trade of a Pidgey for a Spearow to go through I don't have much hope for shops to be restocked either.

Thank you for the information.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

It's a tricky call to make. As has been said, old users are going to be disinterested in adding a few new Pokémon to old features and for newcomers it's just piling more on top. I think generally I prefer to err on the side of creating new features for new Pokémon than adding them to existing features, but that tends to end up with a graveyard of unused features once all possible Pokémon have been mined from them. My goal would be to standardise the means of getting Pokémon a bit more so it's not a confusing maze of knowing where to go to get which Pokémon, as I find it difficult to keep up just as much. That will mean coming up with new features that include both released and unreleased Pokémon.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

I think it's smart to err on the side of making new features. The graveyard effect is present in most games sadly, look at the actual Pokemon games, once you've picked up all the items and captured all the Pokemon in an area how often do you go back?

Are you looking to also streamline how the site operates? Things like how tedious setting up a Pokemon to mine is or even collecting what I've mined. Might be nice to be able to designate certain Pokemon as miners so I don't have to sort and scroll through my entire Default box each time. Being kicked all the way out to the first mining menu every time I submit a Pokemon to min is a bit much also. Maybe the option to resubmit the same Pokemon with the same set up once you've collected it's ore?

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

Just about choked on my soda laughing when I went to see Bronzong... Hahahano...just no.

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

I know I got my work cut out for me getting all these Gen 6 Pokémon from Delibird Christmas present into the old Pokédex Project list along with stuff I've encountered from Crystal Pickaxe Mining (Mantyke and Combee). I need to work on taking the time to get my breedables list all set up again though, just need to do it when I'm not doing weekly/raid stuff on Destiny. lol I've only done a few minings with Crystal Pickaxe since they have a pretty steep price compared to the rest of the Pickaxes and I keep forgetting to save up for my item for the Ranch. lol

Edit: Got as much as the Pokédex Project thread updated as I could. lol

Friend Code: 2466-7146-9497 (Ledyba, Illumise, Heracross)

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

Awesome job Powerchu! I was looking at the list and think I can fill in a few of the ???.
Litwick is from Professor Elm on Thursdays.

Would you mind if I rearranged the Pokedex Project into another format? Ordering them by where they come from instead? I'm trying to make myself a checklist so I know when I can stop getting eggs from each source.

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

pyrakitt wrote:Awesome job Powerchu! I was looking at the list and think I can fill in a few of the ???.
Litwick is from Professor Elm on Thursdays.

Would you mind if I rearranged the Pokedex Project into another format? Ordering them by where they come from instead? I'm trying to make myself a checklist so I know when I can stop getting eggs from each source.
Thank you and I don't mind if you want to take the time to make an organized list of location obtainments. We could even add it to the pokédex project thread once done as a separate post within the thread so if people don't want to look at the national dex order they can look by location on the AA.

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

Alright, cool.
What would be the best way to do this? Make my own thread in the User Submitted guide and then have it merged?
It's mostly done, I'm just working on making it a bit nicer looking and easier to read.

I'd love an opinion on the following: would it be easier to read if Pokemon that evolve through leveling are put with their pre-evolution, put in their own category or left out altogether?

Also does anyone have a female Delibird they could breed for me?

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

@pyrakitt sent you a Delibird i bred a couple days ago.

Updated a couple pokémon on the pokédex project thread since i ended up getting an Egg of one of the ones I was missing a location for. Hoping I have more luck with various sources of obtaining pokémon and get the rest of the ones i'm missing locations for.

Other news I finally got a Nintendo 3DS and Pokémon X. Picked up a used copy of Y this morning and found some stuff on the file that was there I wanted so i'm sending that stuff over to my X version then starting a new file on it. lol I will probably throw my friend code into my signature sometime within the few days so anyone that would like to trade/battle after that may send me their friend codes as well.

MetaKnite10
Pallet Town
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 1077

Post by MetaKnite10 »

What the heck do I do with honey!?
Sup, ppl? Having a good day?

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

If I remember right Honey was originally supposed to have a function with the Ranch but that feature never made it in. Pikachu3828 or WKWC can correct me if I am wrong on that. As it stands right now Honey does nothing but I would hold onto them in case something involving them is added in the future.

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

Huzzah. I am now the proud owner of a Chesnaught. Now to decide if I want to go to the trouble of making him shiny or not.

Powerchu I can't remember if I let you know about a couple of errors I saw your Pokedex.
#321 Waillord is misnumbered as 231
#435 Skuntank is misnumbered as 345
I've finished the version of the Pokedex by location and submitted it as a guide. Once you're done messing with it I think I need to do some fine tuning though. I think some of my list for the Pokemon gotten from Elm got eaten.

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

congrats on Chesnaught. I have Greninja sitting in my box atm.

Thank You on pointing those typos on the pokedex project out. I didn't even notice them myself (tons of pokemon to go through). I updated the title on The Pokedex Project thread to have National Dex listed instead of v2.1

lisabit
Pallet Town

Post by lisabit »

Anyone around still have a mamoswine? Just need to see it for the quest.