Here is a summary of some of the major additions being added in v2.1:
- Quest Log - The most prominent feature in the screenshot above is no doubt the new 'Quest Log' tab. The idea of the quest log is that it keeps track of the smaller, 'mini-missions' that will be scattered throughout v2.1, most of them being optional. More overarching missions like for the Trainer Union won't be included here and due to the way the system is set up, neither will quests that would currently fit in with the quest log style, like searching for the 3 missing Bonsly. It is a bit jarring that only newer missions will show up in the quest log, but I'm hoping this won't be too big of a deal. I plan to fill this full of as many quests as a I can.
- Continuation of past features - How do you get the rest of the green shards? Just where does Professor Rowan go on Wednesdays? You'll get to find out the answer to these questions and more in version 2.1
- New legendary Pokémon - A new legendary Pokémon (unrelated to the green shards) will be revealed in version 2.1 and this time there is a story to go along with it.
- New achievements - I know there are some AA users out there that have almost completed their achievements list. Just as you thought you were nearly done, the rug has been pulled out from under your feet as you'll find you have new achievements to complete in 2.1!
- Maps - Mr Briney has settled down by The Port with his private boat. If you can find any maps and have made friends with him, maybe he will let you use his boat to discover far off islands that the larger cruise ships don't travel to.
- Plenty more! - I can't go and spoil everything now, can I?