Missing Eggs...

Post any bugs or errors you encounter while playing the Adoption Agency here.
krazykat1980
Viridian City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Missing Eggs...

Post by krazykat1980 »

At least 3 or 4 times now I haven't gotten my eggs when I collected from the breeding center... I could live with that, but now I just mined up an egg and it's not in my box! So I don't have the egg, AND lost a crystal pickaxe... those pickaxes are EXPENSIVE!

Can something be done about this?
Pokemon I'm looking to buy/trade!

Shop restocked daily with berries, stones and fossils!

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Re: Missing Eggs...

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

It might be that you still own these eggs, they've just moved into somewhere else. We've had problems with this before but we thought they were fixed. I'll check into this when I get off work
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

krazykat1980
Viridian City

Post by krazykat1980 »

Thanks, I appreciate it!
The breeding center ones are just annoying (and realistic in a way... breedings don't succeed every time in real life lol) but when it popped up in mining I had to report it.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Unfortunately we don't have any way to track eggs from step to step. Which box are you trying to put the Pokemon in? Could you breed a test pair of Pokemon to give you an egg which you'll know for sure what's inside? Breed the Pokemon then tell us which box it's supposed to go in and which Pokemon is supposed to be in the egg. I'll take a look in the database at your most recent Pokemon and see where it ends up.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

krazykat1980
Viridian City

Post by krazykat1980 »

I'm trying to remember what the last bred one was that disappeared... I can kinda tell you when it was but can't remember what it was... it was before I used a shiny augment and female augment.... my augment had ran out and thinking back I seemed to remember all the missing ones were when I wasn't using an augment so I thought maybe that was causing it, but even without an augment no missing eggs since... It was also the egg that unlocked a second egg slot in the breeding center... I'll try to remember to come post next time it happens...

They're going to my default Box#1 (I was sending them to 'eggs' but easier to organize if they go to Box#1... I can't change my default box (at least not from the edit boxes link on my boxes page)... the images don't show up... I used my 'inspect element' plugin and the pictures/links are there but not showing... when I try to load the image from the url I can see in the source I get the same error message from the Farfetch'd bug I posted previously. This seems to be the important line from that error page:
Warning: imagecreatefrompng() [function.imagecreatefrompng]: 'http://www.thepikaclub.co.uk/adopt/images/box/.png' is not a valid PNG file in /home/pikachu/public_html/adopt/boximg.php on line 13

Is there any way for you to check that I bought 3 crystal pickaxes and only dug up (or received anyways) 2 eggs? It sounds like you can't give me the missing egg, but maybe I could get the pickaxe back?

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I'll look into the other issues but to track it I meant for you to go breed some Pokémon that you know what will be inside the egg and then tell me which box it should go in when you collect it as it'll be easiest to track your most recent Pokémon.

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

krazykat1980
Viridian City

Post by krazykat1980 »

Oh, ok.... I'm breeding Poliwag today.... if you look into this before I collect an egg (cause I'm going to sleep soon hopefully) the last thing I bred was Cubone and it showed up in Box #1 like it was supposed to.

I feel sorry for you... intermittent errors are the hardest to track down...

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

I'm not sure if it still works but when this problem was around in the past (affected the breeding) I found that we could locate our own eggs though use of the Egg Lottery Page as it will read all of your Eggs. I'm not sure if it will read your eggs from other people's boxes like it used too when the problem was around originally, but I would give it a try as if it works it'd help Pikachu3828 find the missing egg or missing eggs alot faster. I honestly thought the problem was fixed too though. lol

Friend Code: 2466-7146-9497 (Ledyba, Illumise, Heracross)

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

this could possibly be an unrelated problem to that issue and that method may not work. Just letting you know
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

krazykat1980
Viridian City

Post by krazykat1980 »

Nope, unfortunately they don't show there...

Poliwag swapped out... breeding Vanillite now

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

krazykat1980 wrote:Oh, ok.... I'm breeding Poliwag today.... if you look into this before I collect an egg (cause I'm going to sleep soon hopefully) the last thing I bred was Cubone and it showed up in Box #1 like it was supposed to.
Does this mean Pokémon eggs you get from breeding are showing up correctly for you now? Is it just crystal pickaxe Pokémon that don't work?

krazykat1980
Viridian City

Post by krazykat1980 »

They almost always showed up properly... it was a few random ones that didn't - 1 egg didn't show up, then the next however many did, then another one didn't...

And first pickaxe one showed up, second one didn't, third one did...

If it helps.... the very first bred egg that didn't show up in my box, I still had the collect eggs page open and I refreshed it (or hit back and hit the button again, can't remember...) and then it showed up in my box... but that didn't work on the other ones (possibly cause I don't remember exactly what I did lol)... hopefully the problem isn't caused by me multitasking, because I'm incapable of loading only one page at a time (especially on dialup lol)

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Is there a specific box that Pokémon disappear if you try to put them in or are you sure you're not misplacing them? It sounds odd that nobody else has reported this bug and that it's not consistently losing your eggs. It's possible that it's caused by your browser's cache, the fact that you said it worked after you refreshed the page suggests it might be involved. Can you try emptying your cache?

krazykat1980
Viridian City

Post by krazykat1980 »

I honestly don't know what my cache would have to do with this one, as by refreshing the collect egg page it asks if I want to resubmit data and I click yes, so what it does there is tell the site to act like I hit the collect button a second time and then the egg showed up in my box and I can't remember if I did that or actually hit the back button and then the collect button again... (I've tried it since and gotten strange messages like no eggs ready to collect (which is expected when I already collected the egg) and when it was an egg that didn't show up it said the pokemon didn't belong to me... which was odd...)...

To clear my cache I would have to turn off squid (a proxy cache thing that I installed cause firefox always lost my cache when it crashed and I have to have cache since I'm on dialup)...

It happened when I was sending them to my egg box, and to my default box, and not misplaced cause I used the search to look for them...

The last egg I lost in breeding was the one that awarded me my second egg slot, so maybe it's done misbehaving...

Is it possible that I hit the page at the wrong time where it had decided I had an egg, but before the script had ran all the way and actually created it? Or for all I know my dialup hiccuped and the egg got lost in cyberspace lol... or maybe I hit the button before the page finished loading cause I do that alot...

If it does happen again I'll make sure I have more info for you (including looking at the error console to see if any errors were thrown)

And of course it's intermittent and only me... all my computer problems are like that... like my laptop cord that only charges sometimes (and looks fine inside), the computer that only sometimes says it's missing an operating system (again no obvious or even not obvious causes), and the coding errors that 15 different people can't find... lmao!

But this is probably at a standstill unless (until) it happens again...
Maybe if I get bored in the next couple days I'll try to trigger it by loading several pages while collecting, hitting the button too fast, and anything else I might think of... cause now I'm curious... (I love bug hunting, and I'm not talking about bug pokemon lol)

Oddly, I've been seeing a lot of strange random bugs on pet sites lately, and one site fixed it (possibly anyways) by resetting the server... but I wonder why so many sites are having problems that are hosted by different hosting companies? Especially 503 errors... thank goodness that's not happening here... ok my ADHD has me rambling again... sorry... I'll leave the rambles here in case there's a clue somewhere though...

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Well I am suggesting local solutions because as far as I am aware you are the only person experiencing this bug. Your cache might be relevant because, for example, when you collect a Pokémon from the Breeding Centre and then try to view it in your box, you might be loading a cached version of your box which wouldn't show you the newest eggs you just collected. If it were a server or coding error I would generally expect it to happen to more than one user. I haven't ruled out this possibility of course but it does become much harder to track down and fix a bug if I cannot replicate it.