Missing Eggs...

Post any bugs or errors you encounter while playing the Adoption Agency here.
krazykat1980
Viridian City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Re: Missing Eggs...

Post by krazykat1980 »

I did think about cache... but when the next one does show up but the missing one is still missing that kinda rules out a cache problem (as well as it not showing on the egg lottery page or time machine page)... and the second time it happened I DID try a hard refresh to bypass the cache...

it IS possible that with it being random that it HAS happened to other people and not been noticed because they don't check their box every time they collect eggs, or they figure they just forgot to collect the egg....

Since it might be connected to my multi-tasking, I'll try some experiments sometime in the next couple days...

The pickaxe one might have been because I collect all my miners at the same time by opening them in different tabs (but why only one out of 3 different mining trips? and why never any missing ore?) But it's possible I guess since with snaplinks on another pet site I've noticed that feeding pets I don't always get rewarded for all of them because they sometimes manage to load at the EXACT same time and the server gets confused... so maybe that's it, although I would only expect to see that when using more than one crystal pickaxe at a time (and I got the ore for all 3 crystal pickaxes even though one was missing the egg... so the pickaxe didn't completely fail, only the egg part)
Pokemon I'm looking to buy/trade!

Shop restocked daily with berries, stones and fossils!

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Yes that would seem to rule out the cache then. It's strange that you're no longer having problems with the Breeding Centre though because I didn't change anything so I'm at a complete loss to explain that. If it's something that only happens very infrequently then it'll be very difficult to track down. Did it happen consistently before and now it's fine or was it always very intermittent?

As you say, if you're getting the ore then you should be getting the egg too. That suggests there might be an issue with the function that hands out eggs. The thing is that code is used for anywhere on the site where you're given an egg, so theoretically any egg giving problems would not be limited to collecting Pokémon from the mine. The crystal pickaxe Pokémon reward has given us problems before, so it could be something to do with that perhaps.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

krazykat1980
Viridian City

Post by krazykat1980 »

Always very intermittent.. maybe 4-6 eggs out of 183 bred eggs... and the first one was in my first or second day playing... it may have stopped because I don't do anything else at the same time anymore or it could just be waiting until I least expect it lol...

oh, I wish I could see the code (although since I don't know much about php yet it would probably just confuse me lol)

Now that I'm more rested I did have a couple ideas though...
Does it generate the bred eggs at the end of the breeding period or when you hit the collect eggs button?

Is it possible (and this would explain the rarity of occurrence) that the system is trying to generate 2 eggs at the same time and since then both eggs would have the same ID number only one gets created? This would of course happen very rarely... that is more likely to be the issue if the system generates them at the end of the breeding period since there is very rarely anyone on when I am (although maybe that's why it happens so rarely, because no one's online to hit the button at the same time?)... I'm guessing though that they're generated when you hit the collect eggs button since the time on the egg is always what time you collected it...
I know it's an off the wall idea, but sometimes that's what's needed with intermittent bugs.

I had another idea, but my neighbor just came over and she's loud and talks too much and I forgot it...

krazykat1980
Viridian City

Post by krazykat1980 »

It happened again! Crystal pickaxe in Petalburg Pits.... If it helps find my egg, here's the miner collect url for that trip http://www.thepikaclub.co.uk/adopt/mini ... t&id=12082 ... My default box is "Box 1".... and this time I made SURE I wasn't loading anything else. Oh, and I DID get the ore...

At the moment I'm breeding tropius and the eggs are being sent to my "Evolve" box (since you asked before... but I still haven't had any more problems with bred eggs)

That's 2 crystal pickaxes that have been eaten now...
1. Worked
2. Didn't work
3. Worked
4. Didn't work

If I had the funds I'd use 2 more and see if that pattern holds.

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

long time without any update to this bug. I got hit with it too. used 1 crystal axe. mining collection id: 12213. all i did was log in cause i forgot i set pokemon out to mine like 5 or 6 hours ago from this post. Strangely enough the Crystal Axe gave me ores (not sure if it's supposed to or not though but thought i'd add it in there).

By default my pokemon go to my "Fun Time?" box. Didn't find any eggs that would account for the time that i collected my pokemon from mining which was about 1:30 am (EST) which site time should be 6:30 am if i got my timezones right.

Update: If it matters at all I mined at Petalburg Pits. Gonna try Oreburgh City Mines sometime within the next couple of days and see if I had the same luck there or if i actually get my egg.

Friend Code: 2466-7146-9497 (Ledyba, Illumise, Heracross)