Smeargle and Stetch tactics

For Pokémon discussion that doesn't quite fit into any of the other forums.

Moderator: Forum staff

TaylorGS
Got Marsh Badge!
Got Marsh Badge!
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Smeargle and Stetch tactics

Post by TaylorGS »

I was thinking of ways to get Smeargle with the attacks that you want... And I thought of two. Before I name them, who can name some of theirs?

pikachufreak
Victory Road
Victory Road

Post by pikachufreak »

Dunno if it'd work, but I was thinking about going against a friend and copying their moves.
Final Fantasy VII & Kingdom Hearts. Image

TaylorGS
Got Marsh Badge!
Got Marsh Badge!

Post by TaylorGS »

You're right. That doesn't work. If it did, it'd be too easy to have Smeargle Sketch moves. BTW, I found out that Smeargle can't Sketch Transform.

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Location: The People's Democratic Sovereign Elitist Commonwealth of the Union of Cascadia

Post by Pikachu90000 »

TaylorGS wrote:You're right. That doesn't work. If it did, it'd be too easy to have Smeargle Sketch moves. BTW, I found out that Smeargle can't Sketch Transform.
that's because it's not in it's DNA, mew and ditto has it though :P
Have questions regarding about The Pika Club? The Pika Club Guide and FAQ

TaylorGS
Got Marsh Badge!
Got Marsh Badge!

Post by TaylorGS »

Oh... And it can't get Metronome for obveous reasons. Well, I'll give a hint to my idea... Actually, I never tried it, but I would think that this should work. Here's hint: Mystery Gift in GSC/Mix records Ruby/Saph

kohai
First Pokémon!

Post by kohai »

sketch is not recemended.if your opponent has a death trap and you have the move to stop it and use sketch instead,your dead.
FIRE POKEMON RULE!!!! :cool: :cool:

TaylorGS
Got Marsh Badge!
Got Marsh Badge!

Post by TaylorGS »

... And you are stating the obvious because? ... :stern:

kohai
First Pokémon!

Post by kohai »

its a con of sketch

tai73
First Pokémon!

Post by tai73 »

i want to try and see if it will work to use a friends poke to get the new starter moves from FR/LG

TaylorGS
Got Marsh Badge!
Got Marsh Badge!

Post by TaylorGS »

It would be pretty a cool thing for Smeargle to have some of those multi-type-like Hyper Beam moves. Well, uh... Here's what I thought, and I am quite sure it works. (Or maybe not...) I just never got my Smeargle off of Colosseum to try it.

First off, you need a Ruby/Saph game. Go mix records. And a Smeargle. Got all that? .. good.

Have your friend put a Pokémon in their roster that only knows one attack. That way, it is garenteed that the attack will be used, and well, Smeargle can sketch it. Hopefully you can keep the sketched move because, well... I know you can't keep items that you steal from secret bases.

I also thought of a simular stratagey for GSC with the Trainer House in Viridian City. Also... you could have your friend have a Ditto in their party, and you have the Pokémon with the desired move with you.

Uh... has anyone tried something like this?

Demonwing
Viridian Forest

Post by Demonwing »

I kept my smeargle in the Ho-oh battle in gold and the Lugia battle in silver to teach it Aeroblast and Sacred Fire =) Its fun to use, but it gets annoying if you are fighting a one time battle like the ones i mentioned and you sketch something else, took me a few resets to manage it =p Some good moves for it could also be Dragon Claw in r/s/fr/lg, and Recover, its a very versatile pokemon.

Powerchu

Post by Powerchu »

I have and idea.

2 on 2 battles.

make sure the move you wanna copy is on the pokemon going out with smeargle. use high lvls and go against a low lvl 2 on 2 battle.

have your Smeargle's partner use the desired move hoping that Smeargle doesn't faint then have Smeargle Sketch it.

that is how I plan to get a Smeargle with Volt Tackle.

Friend Code: 2466-7146-9497 (Ledyba, Illumise, Heracross)

Demonwing
Viridian Forest

Post by Demonwing »

Powerchu wrote:I have and idea.

2 on 2 battles.

make sure the move you wanna copy is on the pokemon going out with smeargle. use high lvls and go against a low lvl 2 on 2 battle.

have your Smeargle's partner use the desired move hoping that Smeargle doesn't faint then have Smeargle Sketch it.

that is how I plan to get a Smeargle with Volt Tackle.
cool =) sounds fun.

does anyone know all the moves smearle CAN'T learn?

TaylorGS
Got Marsh Badge!
Got Marsh Badge!

Post by TaylorGS »

Holy moly! I never thought of two-on-two battles! That's smart! And really easy! ^.^

I know Smeargle can't get Transform. I tried that before. --;
And if you think about it, Smeargle can't ever get Metronome cause Metronome becomes another attack before it can hit...
Maybe Also Smeargle can't get ghost-type moves too unless it can learn those Conversion attacks that Porygon has...

kirbypika
Lavender Town
Lavender Town

Post by kirbypika »

Well i'd like to say that all these claims are false, Smeargle CAN learn any move. Regardless of how it changes the pokemon, it can learn it. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Nice logic, (Except for the cant learn ghost type moves i dont get that one -_-) but its false. Smeargle can learn any move. The End.