Undaunted Theme Deck Lists!

Forum for talk related to the Pokémon Trading Card Game, both for real and fake cards.

Moderator: Raikou Trainer

Raikou Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Undaunted Theme Deck Lists!

Post by Raikou Trainer »

The lists for the new theme decks are now out, and I must say, they're much improved over previous theme decks! (except maybe Drill Point from Rising Rivals) First, here are the lists:

Nightfall

Pokemon
Umbreon x2 (1 holo, 1 non-holo)
Eevee x4
Metagross x1
Metang x2
Beldum X2
Honchkrow x1
Murkrow x2
Lairon x2
Aron x2
Skuntank x2
Stunky x2
Houndour x2
Mawile x2
Skarmory x1
Sableye x2

T/S/S
Switch x2 (HG/SS)
Pokemon Communication x2 (HG/SS)
Burned Tower x1
Full Heal x2 (HG/SS)
Energy Exchanger x2
Interviewer's Questions x2 (UL)
Sage's Training x2

Energy
Metal Energy x11
Darkness Energy x7

Daybreak

Pokemon
Espeon x2 (1 holo, 1 non-holo)
Eevee x4
Bellossom x1
Gloom x2
Oddish x2
Dodrio x1
Doduo x2
Muk x2
Grimer x2
Togekiss x1
Togetic x2
Togepi x2
Raticate x2
Rattata x2
Scyther x2

T/S/S
Energy Exchanger x2
Interviewer's Questions x2 (UL)
Life Herb x2 (UL)
Poke Ball x2 (HG/SS)
Ruins of Alph x1
Sage's Training x2
Team Rocket's Trickery x2

Energy
Grass Energy x10
Psychic Energy x8

The holo Espeon and Umbreon both have the Rotom foil background, which is unique to the theme decks. Espeon and Umbreon you pull from packs will have the regular foil background.

Nightfall is perfect for those who need to get basic Darkness and Metal energy (and Pokemon Communication).

Anyway, thoughts on the decks?

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Re: Undaunted Theme Deck Lists!

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

i like the look of these so far, i'll probably like them a bit more when i finally get my hands on them. Surprised that despite being the 'Main' type as i refere to it (the type of the signature pokemon on the box) - they are actually the ones with less basic energy in the desks.

Also disapointed that there is Houndour but no Houndoom in the nightfall deck, major disapointment. I'm looking at all the dark types as replacements since half of my competitive deck is going to need to be changed come the new format rules in september. Also liking the look of Team Rocket's trickery, that may end up sneaking into my deck as well.

the main selling point for me though is the new additions to the theme decks you reported a couple of months ago, a deck box and booster pack within them as well - sounds like a winner to me if that's still the case.
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

Raikou Trainer

Post by Raikou Trainer »

WhoKnows_WhoCares wrote:Also disapointed that there is Houndour but no Houndoom in the nightfall deck, major disapointment.
That's the only thing I didn't like about the new decks. Otherwise, they're still pretty good.
WhoKnows_WhoCares wrote:Also liking the look of Team Rocket's trickery, that may end up sneaking into my deck as well.
Just remember that the opponent chooses which card to discard, so depending on the deck, you might actually help them instead of hurt them. I personally think it might be better to play Professor Oak's Visit or Buck's Training instead, but that's just me.
WhoKnows_WhoCares wrote:the main selling point for me though is the new additions to the theme decks you reported a couple of months ago, a deck box and booster pack within them as well - sounds like a winner to me if that's still the case.
Yes, they still come with both, but the deck box unfortunately only holds 60 unsleeved cards, and even then it just barely fits those cards. Found that out at my prerelease Saturday.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

Raikou Trainer wrote:Yes, they still come with both, but the deck box unfortunately only holds 60 unsleeved cards, and even then it just barely fits those cards. Found that out at my prerelease Saturday.
Oh man, that sucks - i was hoping to use a pokemon related deck box at the pokemon events at my local game store, but i'm using sleeves on my cards... guess i'll just keep having to stuff everything in a tin for now then
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

MollyDJmaster
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by MollyDJmaster »

I have to put all my cards in a box that was formerly used for wipes... niice. :shocked:

Also, please click my and GPXPlus account creatures!
ImageImageImage