Discuss all matters related to Gameboy Advance Pokémon games here

Moderator: Forum staff

miradapurple
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

What's good against a Kingdra?

Post by miradapurple »

Assuming it has a great moveset and level 100. |: I've got a pokemon battle to get ready for.
I like fruit-flavored tea. : )

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Location: The People's Democratic Sovereign Elitist Commonwealth of the Union of Cascadia

Re: What's good against a Kingdra?

Post by Pikachu90000 »

I would say another Dragon type move/Pokemon since Kingdra is a Dragon/Water type. Some strong Dragon move like Outrage or Draco Meteor can likely OHKO it.
Have questions regarding about The Pika Club? The Pika Club Guide and FAQ

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Dragonite was always a favourite when it came to Dragon types, though I think Garchomp might be more popular nowadays.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

depending which generation your battleing on, depends on what your counter/defense will be - with this posted in the GBA section, i assume its R/S/E/FR/LG games, as apposed to D/P/Pt. In 3rd Gen, Kingdra isnt great as it doesnt have the best move pool to chose from. In 4th Gen, Kindra has a few choices of move sets it can have - Some are set ups, while others are Power Houses which will pretty much destroy most in thier path. it can also depend on what type of game your playing (over used, under used, uber etc) - i'll assume its just a general mix, otherwise you would have mentioned.

In the 3rd Gen Games, Snorlax or Blissey are pretty much powerhouses and are tough to be taken down by anything... they will be able to take it down without too much trouble. As long as Kingdra doesnt have Hidden Power Electric, A Dragon Dancing Gyarados will be able to destroy it, alternativly Suicune with Calm Mind. Ice Beam will be normal effective on a Kingdra, but from a powered up powerhouse, its still going to hurt.

On 4th gen, things become tricky, so many different types of moves sets it could have mean counters are difficult. Watch out for it in the rain... swift swim means it can out speed a LOT of fast pokemon, if it follows a Kyogre, it will be very tough to kill... it can outspeed a Garachomp holding a choice scarf (raising its speed by x1.5) - and since its dragon type as well, it can have some powerful dragon moves which will kill Garchomp quick. The problem with working out how best to counter a pokemon, is working out what its designed to do... if its focusing on speed, you need to either outspeed it or slow it down. In Kingdra's case, it will get its speed from Rain, so getting rid of the weather somehow will be to your advantage (Groudon or Tyranitar are good choises, and can destroy Kingdra with thier power, but are obviously defensivly weak against water attacks). If the Kingdra is built heavily with Special Attack's, a Blissey will be able to stand up, shrug off any kind of hit it throws and smash back hard. An Empoleon with Max Defense will be able to stand up to Kingdra who use outrage... maybe not for long, but long enough to do some real damage if it doesnt take it completly out.

While on the surface, it seems really easy to work out something to fight against any pokemon, if the other person your battling knows what they are doing, it can be really tough to work out your team.
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

miradapurple
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau

Post by miradapurple »

Perfect. :) Thanks, WKWC. I think the upcoming battle will be the perfect chance for me to use my Suicune for the first time....

And we'll be playing through FR, and I have reason to suspect that my opponent also has a Houndoom on his team. D:
I like fruit-flavored tea. : )