PUSA dubs Pokemon from Season 9?

Talk about the Pokémon anime, TV series or movies and the Pokémon manga in here.

Moderator: Forum staff

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0
Location: The People's Democratic Sovereign Elitist Commonwealth of the Union of Cascadia

PUSA dubs Pokemon from Season 9?

Post by Pikachu90000 »

http://www.gamedaily.com/gamecube/artic ... urce=00001
I don't get this news, does it mean that PUSA gets to produce the DVD's, merchanside, blah blah and 4Kids still gets to dub Pokemon.
Or does PUSA dubs Pokemon?
Have questions regarding about The Pika Club? The Pika Club Guide and FAQ

Pokémon Princess
Seafoam Islands
Seafoam Islands

Post by Pokémon Princess »

It would let me see the page.

PDUTogepi
Pallet Town

Urgent News!

Post by PDUTogepi »

Since you already kind of had a topic about the PUSA take over of Pokémon, I'll post the info I need to here. I am going around sites trying to bring up awareness of what is going to happen to the anime with the PUSA take over and that I am part of a campaign to try and stop them from doing only one change to this anime we don't want, which is replace the Voice Actors that have worked extremly hard to voice these characters for the past eight years. I'll post a pre-written explaination of what this is all about:

Pokémon USA is now in charge of the dub and they will be changing the Voice Actors for Pokémon from the 9th Season onwards, replacing all the originals with "Sound-alikes". The original actors still want to keep their parts and continue playing the characters they have grown attached to and worked hard on to develop, but Pokémon USA haven't even considered them for the job, they are going for the cheaper solution to cast their own voice actors! The original VAs are urging the fans to speak up if they do not want this change to take place!

Do we really want all the original VAs hard work on these characters be wasted by being replaced with cheaper "sound-alikes" who are unfamiliar and under-experienced with the characters that they will play? Do we really want new voices for Ash, May, Max, Brock, Jessie, James and Meowth?
If you DO NOT want this change you MUST write to Pokémon USA telling them so!

Please go to: http://www.bulbagarden.net/pokemoncreations/sova/ for more information. Here you can find out all the ways you can help, but most importantly you MUST write letters! Those are harder to ignore than e-mails and petitions and is most likely to get their attention!

Please spread this news as much as you can, encourage other fans to do the same! Together we may have a chance of convincing Pokémon USA to keep the original Voice Actors that deserve to keep these roles that they have done so many wonders with!

I realize it's annoying to get random people just post but we're trying to put out some awareness of this situation, which means I need to alert as many sites as possible in the hopes we can sway PUSA's decision of replacing the voice actors that have put so much dedication into their work, who still want these roles and who are urging the fans to speak up, but we can only do that if enough fans speak up. So please, take some time to go around our campaign site, read the e-mails from Eric Stuart and Veronica Taylor, who truely sound upset to be losing these roles that they are attached to.

I thank you all for your time.

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master
Location: The People's Democratic Sovereign Elitist Commonwealth of the Union of Cascadia

Post by Pikachu90000 »

I know I did send an email to PUSA

Pokémon Princess
Seafoam Islands
Seafoam Islands

Re: Urgent News!

PDUTogepi wrote:Since you already kind of had a topic about the PUSA take over of Pokémon, I'll post the info I need to here. I am going around sites trying to bring up awareness of what is going to happen to the anime with the PUSA take over and that I am part of a campaign to try and stop them from doing only one change to this anime we don't want, which is replace the Voice Actors that have worked extremly hard to voice these characters for the past eight years. I'll post a pre-written explaination of what this is all about:

Pokémon USA is now in charge of the dub and they will be changing the Voice Actors for Pokémon from the 9th Season onwards, replacing all the originals with "Sound-alikes". The original actors still want to keep their parts and continue playing the characters they have grown attached to and worked hard on to develop, but Pokémon USA haven't even considered them for the job, they are going for the cheaper solution to cast their own voice actors! The original VAs are urging the fans to speak up if they do not want this change to take place!

Do we really want all the original VAs hard work on these characters be wasted by being replaced with cheaper "sound-alikes" who are unfamiliar and under-experienced with the characters that they will play? Do we really want new voices for Ash, May, Max, Brock, Jessie, James and Meowth?
If you DO NOT want this change you MUST write to Pokémon USA telling them so!

Please go to: http://www.bulbagarden.net/pokemoncreations/sova/ for more information. Here you can find out all the ways you can help, but most importantly you MUST write letters! Those are harder to ignore than e-mails and petitions and is most likely to get their attention!

Please spread this news as much as you can, encourage other fans to do the same! Together we may have a chance of convincing Pokémon USA to keep the original Voice Actors that deserve to keep these roles that they have done so many wonders with!

I realize it's annoying to get random people just post but we're trying to put out some awareness of this situation, which means I need to alert as many sites as possible in the hopes we can sway PUSA's decision of replacing the voice actors that have put so much dedication into their work, who still want these roles and who are urging the fans to speak up, but we can only do that if enough fans speak up. So please, take some time to go around our campaign site, read the e-mails from Eric Stuart and Veronica Taylor, who truely sound upset to be losing these roles that they are attached to.

I thank you all for your time.
^.^ don't worry I'd all toke everybody. ^.^;
Don't treat this
like my last breath
Don't treat this
like my last chance.
Don't treat me
like this is my last tet
Just don't treat my so bad
Treat my like this is the best
you ever had.

Pokémon Princess's LiveJournal

HarukaChan

Post by HarukaChan »

Aww, man...I wish I still had the link to the petition I signed online about keeping the original VAs.

I hope they listen and keep the originals. I am sure that the company will shoot itself in the foot if they change the VAs after so long. Why meddle with something that works?

Tossing it around companies is so irritating...

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master

Post by Pikachu90000 »

Petitions never work, the only thing that they do is give a random laugh to the person reading it.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Depending on how widespread the revolt against the new action is depends on what will hapen. Also I agree with Pikachu90000 - I've never heard of an online petition having any impact on a real life cause. In theory it's a good idea as you can amass signatures from around the world, but it's also too easy to fake hundreds of entries which makes it too unreliable. The best thing to do would be to write a letter and send it to the address given above.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master

Post by Pikachu90000 »

Don't do a email because they just empty out their inbox every few days. Snail Mail is the way.

Pokémon Princess
Seafoam Islands
Seafoam Islands

HarukaChan wrote:Aww, man...I wish I still had the link to the petition I signed online about keeping the original VAs.

I hope they listen and keep the originals. I am sure that the company will shoot itself in the foot if they change the VAs after so long. Why meddle with something that works?

Tossing it around companies is so irritating...
You want site address HarukaChan. I can get you it. I know what the siste is, the question is... Is it still up?

HarukaChan

Post by HarukaChan »

Thanks, Pokemon Princess, that would be helpful. ^_^ Although some may doubt their success, it won't hurt to sign it. Email inboxes are emptied all the time, and the odds that the emails are even read are pretty slim.

Let's hope the site is still active...*crosses fingers*

Pokémon Princess
Seafoam Islands
Seafoam Islands

Yes it's still up Jamie (HarukaChan) Here a link to the site
http://www.petitiononline.com/pkmnRB/petition.html

Wow! 19 days leave til we said goodbye or we won.... but what I heard for Eric Staurt and Veronica Taylor (yes themself) both ES and VT said it does not look good...

http://alyssachanpc.al.funpic.org/pokemon/

pokejake
Lavender Town
Lavender Town

Post by pokejake »

Im getting realy mad at pokemon! why would they do this!

Pikachu90000
Pokémon master
Pokémon master

Post by Pikachu90000 »

Because Nintendo hates 4Kids and it's better off to replace the voice actors than let 4Kids keep on ruining Pokémon like they did with One Piece.

Pokémon Princess
Seafoam Islands
Seafoam Islands

Pikachu90000 wrote:Because Nintendo hates 4Kids and it's better off to replace the voice actors than let 4Kids keep on ruining Pokémon like they did with One Piece.
But Nintendo no long owns Pokémon. Maybe the games still I havw to looking into that but the show and TCG is own by Pokémon USA Inc.