Harry Potter and the Fortress of Shadows

This is the forum to post any fanwork you have, such as fanfiction and fanart. Anything you post here must be fan-based (except cosplaying), for your own creations please see the appropriate forum below
miradapurple
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Post by miradapurple »

This is what I've come up with since I just couldnt' wait fo the 7th book. Please read and Enjoy!

Chapter 1: Dumbledore Gone(Part 1)

Harry woke with a jolt in his stomach. It was already five days since Dumbledore died, but it had never actully sunk into him yet. I suppose I never will really get over the fact that he's gone. He thought as he got dressed.

A homely voice rang up the stair case, fully waking him up," Harry! Breakfast is ready!"

Harry jumped and banged his head on his four-poster bed. He'd forgotten that he was staying at the Burrow. He looked around his room, Ron was still sleeping and murmuring somthing about killing Fred and George. Harry remembered why: Fred had stolen Ron's school uniform and took it to Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, where George put a powerful enchantment on the seat of the robes. When Ron was trying to impress Fleur agian, it made a loud farting sound and emitted the smell of bubutuber pus.
Ron snorted loundly and snapped Harry back into action. He ran downstairs into a rather glum mood. As it turned out, Ron was the only person left sleeping; the table was packed with people. However, everyone was letting their food get cold, no one seemed to have the appitite to eat anything.
Harry sat down next to Hermione, who had also been invited over to the Burrow for the summer. The grim atmosphere didn't change when Ron scrambled down the stairs, making farting noises as he went. Mrs.Weasley finnaly seemed to have enough and waved her wand at Ron, who seemed ready to die of embarrasment.
Harry knew why the mood was so depressing, Dumbledore was gone. No one was ready to turn their backs on a window for fear that a Death Eater or Voldemort himself would appear at the door, killign all of them on sight. This was espically likely to happen since the entire line of the Weasleys were known blood-traitors.
Ron seemed unaware of the strong waves of fear that was spreading around the room, instead he dug into the beacon, eggs, and bread that Mrs.Weasley had given him. Harry wished he shared the same apitite for the food, but he was thinking about everything that Dumbledore would say in this situation:"We shouldn't be grim! If Voldemort came, we would be better off well fed!" Or "Molly, what do you put in this food? It's delicous!" Either way, Dumbledore wouldnt' want them to be moping about.
Harry was distracted from his thoughts by a loud thunk at the window. It was a twany colored owl, with a large piece of parchment tied to its leg. Mr.Weasley opened the window and removed the letter. "It's from the Minister of Magic." He said without much enthusiasim.
He scanned the page quickly, and handed it over to Harry.
Harry crouched over the loopy handwriting that reminded him horribly of Dumbledore. Ron and Hermione bent over the letter too.
Hermione, having finished reading the letter first, gasped and fainted in her chair.

And that's it! Cliffhanger ending! Please give some feedback and comments!
I like fruit-flavored tea. : )

jmai94
Viridian Forest

Post by jmai94 »

This is a really good story, I really like it. Keep up the good work!

miradapurple
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau

Post by miradapurple »

Thanks. Most of this imformation migh actully be accurate, as I checked up on possiblities for the actual 7th book. I'll update as soon as I get the chance. Btu for now, we keep on having black outs before I can finish. It's very frustrating.

miradapurple
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau

Post by miradapurple »

Update:

Dumbledore Gone (Part 2)

Ron tended to Hermoine while Harry read the letter aloud.

To Mr. Harry Potter

Harry, I would like you to come to the Ministry on the evening of the 4rd of August. Be in my office at 6'oclock sharp. I would like you to tell me the real story of what you did the night Dumbledore died. If you do not attend, the Ministry will be forced to take you into custody, due to the fact that one of our laws state that you will tell the govenment all there is to a story. What's more,I know that you are searching for a person with the initials R.A.B.

Sincerly,

Rufus Scimgour((I still dont' know how to spell his name right....-.-))

The entire room was in shock. After Hermione was revived, the tree of them went upstairs, discussing whether or not Harry should go to the meeting.

"He's got no choice, has he?" Ron asked.

"No, but this if horrible! This is blackmail, this is!" Hermione said, her eyes flashing.

"Well, it's not directly blackmail, since he's using a law created by govenment....."

Harry, who had ben quiet until now said,"But he still can't force me to go, can he?"

End of Part 2

jmai94
Viridian Forest

Post by jmai94 »

This is getting good, the whole plot is really nice.

miradapurple
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau

Post by miradapurple »

Hmm, yeah, but apparently you're the only person who thinks so. Still, I souposse I'll finish the first chapter, but If noone else says anything, ill discontinute this story.

Phoenix Fire
First Pokémon!

Post by Phoenix Fire »

Cool. I can't wait until school starts.... I'm gonna tell everyone about his story! Sure, you won't be so happy about, won't you? LOL

miradapurple
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau

Post by miradapurple »

Oh... I dare you to try that.

(thinking: This makes no since.... ...I'm thretening him when he's two years older.... How wouldI get to him anyway? He's probably going to be in a different part of the building, probably second floor....)

TaylorGS
Got Marsh Badge!
Got Marsh Badge!

Post by TaylorGS »

I think this is a nice read. I mean, it's easy to follow and gives something to chew on until the 7th book is finished being written. So when you have the time, write another update. n_n;
I drop by every now and then... I shall never be just a memory! *cackles*
... Not back to the regularly scheduled thread... ^^;

miradapurple
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau

Post by miradapurple »

I'd love to, but I have the largest case of writer's block ever known. Need some help.

miradapurple
Indigo Plateau
Indigo Plateau

Post by miradapurple »

Dumbledore Gone (part 3)

They sat there, silent, for a few minutes. Hermione broke the silence with a series of quiet questions. "How did her know about R.A.B.? Who's initails are they anyway? And Harry...." She broke off, then regained her vioce. "How are you going to get to the Ministry, even if you were to go? The skies are being watched for brooms, and you arn't old enough to Apparate yet. Floo Power might not work, as the Ministry outlawed it due to the dangerous times now. You're backed into a corner, Harry. The Minister of MAgic has planned it so there is no way out. You'll be caught for sure."

Harry stayed silent. He was probably thinking. Thinking that Hermione was right. Thinking that IT was impossible to get to the Ministry. Thinking that Dumbledore would have surely known what he should do. Thinking about what he had never asked him......

End part 3.

Sorry they were so short, but I had school work to do.

Raimunchu
Vermilion City
Vermilion City

Post by Raimunchu »

:shocked: Good, had me on the edge of my seat. :shocked:
School's started,but who really cares anyway?
life,is but nothing,
death,however,
is something.

ThePikaClubBoy
First Pokémon!

Post by ThePikaClubBoy »

Thats great!
At least its some good work-almnost of worthy of JK Rowling herself!
(if youve got writers blcok jsut try scribbling anythuing dowqn on paper and see what happens)

jmai94
Viridian Forest

Post by jmai94 »

Great job! I can't to read more!

Fazzy
Cinnabar Island
Cinnabar Island
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 313648434588

Post by Fazzy »

Very Good Story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-D