what is your favourite n64 game

Chat about any video games in here not related to Pokémon.

Moderator: Forum staff

Robo Pika
Viridian City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Post by Robo Pika »

whats a n64
Go Pikachu

Levi
Pewter City

ocarina of time

Post by Levi »

Mine is the ocarina of time
Member of the Umbreon Club- PM pikapower06 to join~

heres my diamond favorite pokemon

:Empoleon: :Mantine: :Pikachu: :Noctowl: :Glaceon: :Venusaur: :pigeot: :Blaziken: :Blastoise: :Charizard: :Swampert: :Sceptile: :Machamp: :Torterra: :Infernape: :Flareon: :Alakazam: :Maganium: :Typhlosion: :Crockanaw:

Darkrai125
Viridian City

Post by Darkrai125 »

Donkey Kong 64 is my pick.

pikalover1234
Vermilion City
Vermilion City
Custom Title: Oh Noes. Sorry.
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 287870574463

Re: what is your favourite n64 game

Post by pikalover1234 »

MArio 64
Former Pika Club regular, now life's caught up and things got complicated.

Kikyo
Saffron City
Saffron City
Custom Title: Krazy Kat

Post by Kikyo »

Banjo Twooie!
...That's the only one I've played,
other than kirby and super mario whatever. <_<
Image Image

EmeraldAbsol
First Pokémon!

Post by EmeraldAbsol »

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, was the greatest game ever on the N64, Ocarina of Time was good to but in my opinion to easy.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

EmeraldAbsol wrote:Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, was the greatest game ever on the N64, Ocarina of Time was good to but in my opinion to easy.
I liked both N64 Zelda games but I have to say I think I tip my hat to Ocarina of Time. The 3 day limit was very innovative in Majora's Mask, but the time limit always felt like it was hovering over me, rushing me on. As one who takes his time and doesn't enjoy time limits, it put a damper on things for me. The rest of the game was great, though.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

EmeraldAbsol
First Pokémon!

Post by EmeraldAbsol »

Pikachu3828 wrote:
EmeraldAbsol wrote:Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, was the greatest game ever on the N64, Ocarina of Time was good to but in my opinion to easy.
I liked both N64 Zelda games but I have to say I think I tip my hat to Ocarina of Time. The 3 day limit was very innovative in Majora's Mask, but the time limit always felt like it was hovering over me, rushing me on. As one who takes his time and doesn't enjoy time limits, it put a damper on things for me. The rest of the game was great, though.
Yeah, that was kind of a down, a friend said he couldn't get past one of the dungeons not because he couldn't figure it out but because he wasn't fast enough to beat it : l

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I have to admit, I don't think I have ever completed a Zelda game without using a guide for at least part of it. Especially not Majora's Mask and its sidequests, which border on impossible to find if you don't know to look out for them due to the specific timing and locations of events.

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

EmeraldAbsol
First Pokémon!

Post by EmeraldAbsol »

Pikachu3828 wrote:I have to admit, I don't think I have ever completed a Zelda game without using a guide for at least part of it. Especially not Majora's Mask and its sidequests, which border on impossible to find if you don't know to look out for them due to the specific timing and locations of events.
I can pretty much say the same, but more so with Zelda II and a Link to the Past which were pretty close to impossible without a walkthrough.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

I've completed Zelda games without a walk through.... not completed 100% granted, but i have beaten a couple of the games without a walkthrough guide...

i try not to use them as much as possible as i hate playing the game someone elses way... if i follow a step by step instructions to play a game, i'm not really playing it - at least in my opinion anyway.
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

WhoKnows_WhoCares wrote:i try not to use them as much as possible as i hate playing the game someone elses way... if i follow a step by step instructions to play a game, i'm not really playing it - at least in my opinion anyway.
The main reason I use walkthroughs and guides is that generally I like to 100% games so I can see and do all a game has to offer. However, games can sometimes have an awful habit of hiding obscure things required for 100% completion which is made even worse if backtracking isn't allowed.

The problem is you guides and walkthroughs can spoil the story/game for you sometimes but you can never tell if a game allows backtracking or not at face value. So it's a choice between spoiling the story but finding everything or going through the game unaided and potentially missing stuff you can never get again. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, really.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

which is why i do two playthroughs on some games, like zelda - once to beat it on my own (as much as possible) - and the second to 100% using the guides...
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I rather do things as efficiently as possible. If it doesn't spoil the storyline I'll pick up things in the easiest/quickest order possible to complete the game in one run and with minimal backtracking.

Circe.
Viridian Forest
Custom Title: Webmaster

Post by Circe. »

Of course the two Zelda games...

And Pokemon Puzzle League Challenge... call me lame, but I could sit down for hours playing it... it's so addicting. And i like to click on Sabrina and make her say "Play with me." in a sexy kind of way.