Got a Question? Get an Answer Here

All discussion regarding The Pika Club's Adoption Agency goes within this forum and its subforums.
pyrakitt
Viridian City
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Re: Got a Question? Get an Answer Here

Post by pyrakitt »

Ah, thanks for the info about the eggs.

As for the hourly prize I mean the one that shows up in the event bar that you have to beat other people to clicking.

also is there an easy way to go back and forth between these forums and the Adoption Agency? It's probably right in front of my face but I can't seem to find it.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Custom Title: The Dark Trainer
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 438184851741

Post by WhoKnows_WhoCares »

Ah right, that one. No, there's no limit you hit that would prevent it from showing up. It randomly picks one minute within an hour and that's when it will show itself, if its been claimed already, or the minute passes with nobody claiming it, it picks another minute for the next hour. You may not be seeing it either because of when its picked and you haven't clicked on a page during that, or somebody beat you to it before you even saw the link.

Getting between the Forums and the AA, well there is a link to the AA at the top of the forums in the Navigation bar (just underneath the Pikachu and trainers bit), while on the AA itself, the link to the forums (as well as other parts of the site), should be found towards the bottom of the page in its own little section.
Member of the Umbreon Club - PM pikapower06 to Join.

Thanks to miradapurple for creating my cool avatar.

Pokémon Pearl FC: Ace/4381 8485 1741

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

Thank you.

So I've been doing a bit of fishing to get the next rod. And was wondering if the better rods have an increased rate of catching or just an increased pool of Pokemon. Also the Old Rod catches two Pokemon and the Good Rod catches 5, is that new Pokemon or total including the two I could catch before?

The event pop up on the side of an egg belonging to someone else left me a little baffled. I thought I'd read there was a way to ignore it and gain positive Karma for not stealing however there is no other option but putting the egg in your box. Is there a way to gain positive karma from this? Or at least a way to ignore the pop up if one wants to work on gaining Karma first? It goes away after a while but it's not quickly.

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

It's just a bigger pool of Pokemon, not a better catch rate. To be honest I can't remember if its 5 new or just 5 in total, I'm inclined to say it's the latter.

I'm not 100% sure if there ever was an ignore button for that event or if it was just lost in the last re-design. I'll try to look into this because in theory, if there's no option to ignore it other than to wait for the event to disappear, you should gain a karma point after it does.

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

I'm failing to find some information. I know that a Hardy nature means the Pokemon will get 2 ore instead of 1 and Hasty makes them take less time to mine.

I can't find any information on what Bold and Timid natures do, if anything.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

Natures were introduced quite late in the development of the AA and as such not all Natures are implemented and not all natures have an effect.

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

hhyg
Pallet Town

Post by hhyg »

How do you wake up the Brozong statue on Sevii Isle One?

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

I see the site has had some visual updates and bug fixes again, awesome!
Should I wait a bit before making a list of the odd or broken formatting on the site or would you like a thread in the Bugs forum now?
Also since the rule in the Bugs forum is one thread per issue should I post it all separately? By section? or does it all go together because they're similar issues or the same issue in multiple places?

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

pyrakitt wrote:I see the site has had some visual updates and bug fixes again, awesome!
Should I wait a bit before making a list of the odd or broken formatting on the site or would you like a thread in the Bugs forum now?
Also since the rule in the Bugs forum is one thread per issue should I post it all separately? By section? or does it all go together because they're similar issues or the same issue in multiple places?
You can make a thread now if you want. The reason we ask for one thread per bug is so that it's easy for me to fix the bug, lock the topic and see at a glance which issues I have fixed and which are still open. If people pile multiple unrelated bugs in the same topic it becomes far less clear whether a topic still requires my attention or not. If they're related issues you can group them together in the same thread but if they're not then please create separate threads.

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

Pikachu3828 wrote:
pyrakitt wrote:I see the site has had some visual updates and bug fixes again, awesome!
You can make a thread now if you want. The reason we ask for one thread per bug is so that it's easy for me to fix the bug, lock the topic and see at a glance which issues I have fixed and which are still open. If people pile multiple unrelated bugs in the same topic it becomes far less clear whether a topic still requires my attention or not. If they're related issues you can group them together in the same thread but if they're not then please create separate threads.
Alright thanks. Making two topics then and I'll leave the one outlying non-issue here: What does "Click on any Pokemon to see your seen count and next rewards for each Pokemon" mean? There is nothing to click on in the Pokedex other than to expand each section. Great job on the new Pokedex by the way, it looks awesome and I love that we can look at each Generation easier with no more broken Mega-Evolution icons.

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

pyrakitt wrote:What does "Click on any Pokemon to see your seen count and next rewards for each Pokemon" mean? There is nothing to click on in the Pokedex other than to expand each section. Great job on the new Pokedex by the way, it looks awesome and I love that we can look at each Generation easier with no more broken Mega-Evolution icons.
Oh damn, that's from a new feature I'm working on. Did not mean to leak that, I've now removed it. Thanks for pointing it out.

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

ooo, neat. Glad I go through the site with a fine toothed comb each time then. It's awesome that you're making new systems and I look forward to seeing what you've come up with.

katcombs
Pallet Town

Post by katcombs »

Going bonkers, been looking for several days and have no luck..

-You currently have 3 Red Shards.
-You currently have 3 Green Shards.

Any help finding the other 4 shards would be greatly appreciated.

pyrakitt
Viridian City

Post by pyrakitt »

How does Meditation Island work? Does it just put a Pokemon up a level but not affect them otherwise?

I ask because I have a Swinub that was level 32 and I put it in to hit 33 and evolve, but now it's level 33 and still a Swinub. . .

WhoKnows_WhoCares
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

yeah, that's the way meditation island works... if I recall that's intentional as well. its great for levelling up pokemon, not great for evolving though