Famitsu gives 29/40 rating

This forum is for the discussion of Gamecube Pokémon games.

Moderator: Forum staff

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Pokémon D/P Friend code: 0

Famitsu gives 29/40 rating

Post by Pikachu3828 »

As mentioned in the news, Famitsu, a famous Japanese gaming magazine, has given Pokémon XD a score of 29/40. What do you all make of this? Bear in mind very few games have ever recieved a perfect 40/40 rating from Famitsu, one such notable game being Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The reviewers are very tough, but even so, does this mean Pokémon XD is not as great as it could be? As for me I'm a bit disappointed that they've stubbornly made another battling-type game when I think Pokémon fans have wanted a proper 3D Pokémon RPG since Stadium. They do seem to be cracking and have added in some more RPG elements, like capturing wild Pokémon, but to me that's not enough. I am not that great of a battle fan, to be honest I can get bored fairly quickly with battling, especially at the pace Pokémon Colosseum went (it is not joke that I often played my Gameboy Advance whilst playing Colosseum) so I know XD doesn't entice me much. This means that they are losing one sale. It's not much but if many people share my views then they will end up losing many sales. Do you think they should start to realise what the fans want? Will it win over any new gamers if they stay stubborn?

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

TaylorGS
Got Marsh Badge!
Got Marsh Badge!

Post by TaylorGS »

So I'm not the ony one who played on my SP while going through Colosseum. (I think I also read books and once, wrote a letter.)

Ummm.... I'd be disappointed if XD is almost exactly like Colosseum... And they'd lose out on sales... But I'd still end up buying XD with the thoughts of Lugia. (Although I haven't beaten Evice on Colosseum yet...)

PD Wooper
Saffron City
Saffron City

Post by PD Wooper »

From what I've seen, they've kept nearly all the 3D models from Colosseum for phenac, pyrite, agate and mt. battle and changed a few houses and are callling it 'new'.
Very disappointing.
Hallo n_~

shotty_shorty
Viridian City

Post by shotty_shorty »

even for a pokemon game I am quite disappointed with the supposed 'Wild Pokemon' catching. There are what like 10 defferent pokemon to catch that aren't planned? I think they should make a game like the GBA games but 3D which would be quite fun because ALL of the Dark pokemon are the same on every game! I think that they should be random so that every time you play it's a different experience. SO I would rate it a 26/40 just because the pokemon catching isn't nearly as fun or random as I would've liked!

PD Wooper
Saffron City
Saffron City

Post by PD Wooper »

With alternatives such as NetBattle already having established a battle system far superior to those of the official games, and declining effort put into games by Nintendo and its developer cronies; I can forsee the decline of Pokémon on traditional consoles, and NetBattle being taken off by some 3D modellers and; with the rapid increase in processing and graphic card speeds, possibly become a PC version of Pokémon. Call me anti-nintendo, but that's the best possible scenario. The worst one is that patents stop it happening, the games continue to decline and even I start to call pokémon fans n00bs. And then start playing FPSs. Now that'd be scary.
Hallo n_~

Pikachu3828
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Post by Pikachu3828 »

I can never see a proper Pokémon game on PC. Yes, there are small-time Pokémon games for it, but remember Nintendo is a greedy company. They want Pokémon for themselves. They'd never market off Pokémon to the PC. That'd mean people wouldn't need to buy their consoles to play the game on. Nintendo can't have that./ That's less money for them.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, Nintendo fans feel free to flame me away :-P

Favourites: :Gyarados: :Tyranitar: :Zangoose: :Drapion: Image

Red: 151/151 | Gold: 247/251 | Fire Red: 376/386 | Heart Gold: 493/493 | Black: 649/649

Please do not PM me about bugs on the Adoption Agency. Instead, make a topic in the bugs forum.

PD Wooper
Saffron City
Saffron City

Post by PD Wooper »

OK here goes the flaming you away...or not...
Most console makers make consoles at a LOSS. The upcoming PS3, if it were to be sold to break even it'd be around $1000 USD. However, nintendo makes the gamecube at around a $100 loss, but that's soon paid off by the extortionate prices of games (£35, €45, $50 you americans get everything cheap)
About that game I was talking about it would be open source, and it'd abide by copyrights etc. so Nintendo couldn't touch it.
Hallo n_~

Mad Alex
Viridian Forest

Post by Mad Alex »

XD was a little dissapointing, but I still want Colloseum for the sake of Ho-Oh and complete set of poke rpgs. Be good if they became collectors items one day, I'd be incredibly rich!
Join team Luxray!

If you join you get...
5 free Pika points
Luxray colour blends on request
A positive karma
AND info how to make Swampert learn Hydro pump.

PM me to join.